Sunday, March 7, 2010

Start general

End specific. Music is another language in which you can escape. Music ties the day together, it creates productivity out of procrastination. It brings people together and makes their memories more vivid.

My music tastes are rooted within my older brothers' teenage years and my father's eccentricity. From Jimmy Cliff to Blind Mellon to The Fabulous Poodles. I remember cleaning my bedroom to The Mighty Mighty Bosstones with my siblings and passing car rides with CMJ new music mixes with my dad.

Enough Backstory- Here are some albums I've been playing a lot as of late:

Yeasayer: Odd Blood
Yeasayer- Madder Red

Portugal. The Man: American Ghetto
Portugal. The Man- 1000 Years

Surfer Blood: Surfer Blood
Surfer Blood- Take it Easy

The Clash: Essential Clash
The Clash - Bankrobber

Breakbot: Baby I'm Yours Ep
Breakbot: Baby I'm Yours (Ft. Ifrane)

Curren$y: Smokee Robinson
Big K.R.I.T- No Wheaties (Ft. Curren$y & Smoke DZA)
(this song's actually not on the mixtape, but it's all I could find on the Hypemachine)

Alright, so I know I'm just quoting other people's blogs, but once I figure this out I'll start putting up songs for you to download. Also, I'll be posting concert and album reviews whenever I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment