Thursday, April 15, 2010

Something to hold you over

I've been pretty busy lately, Titus Andronicus shows and papers don't really add up, but I have been listening to some pretty good music. So check these out to hold you over before I can write a more complete post.

Admiral Fallow- Squealing Pigs
This sounds a lot like Frightened Rabbit, I love the way it builds up from just a voice and guitar. Makes you wish you hadn't taken for granted all of your privileges all these years.


The Tallest Man on Earth- King of Spain
Classic TTME here, I love the energy in this song. It's the single off of his brand new CD The Wild Hunt. Which I am enjoying right now.

LCD Soundsystem- Home
I love this track off of the new LCD Soundsystem album This is Happening. James Murphy and LCD are pretty hard to pinpoint, they always seem to make music that gets better every time you hear it. If you like this and have some spare cash , send them a donation. Murphy is the head of DFA records which has been putting out struggling bands for a while now, they are one record label which deserves as much support as possible. I'll be buying this vinyl like the damn dirty hipster I am.

Circa Survive- Get Out
This one is very different than the others, but if you're feeling a little angsty and you also want to get pumped up, listen to this song. I can't get over it really, it's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment