Monday, August 2, 2010

Many Months

Discouraged by the lack of embedded songs and overtaken by a wave of apathy, I have failed to do anything for many months. Alas! Recently I have found a great deal of excellent music which has, as music tends to do, inspired me to regain my former zeal and get back to blogging. Or so I hope. Anyway, here are some great songs that I've been listening to lately.

The Postelles- White Night
Can't get over this song, I listen to it over and over. I first heard it on their Daytrotter Session, which gives a little bit of a different version and also some of their other songs off of their Debut album.


Aeroplane- We Can't Fly
A really funky song, which goes through some changes. Aeroplane's new album is very eclectic, as demonstrated by the next song on the album.


Aeroplane- We Fall Over
Couldn't find this one on Yotube or Hype Machine, but you can download it here. It's a good one, and a lot slower. Check it out

Les Savy Fav- Appetites
This song's a little crazier, kinda reminds me of The Strokes and a little bit like Bats. This whole album is real good.

Jaill- Everyone's Hip
This is a real fun dancy rock song. Fast and short, just the way I like em. I'm in the process of listening to this whole album; it sounds like a new age Velvet Underground, but that may be too lofty a compliment. Decide for yourself!

Cut Copy- Where I'm Going
Cut Copy is the shit. Go to their free show in Brooklyn this Sunday, this song is from their upcoming album which I am eagerly awaiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment